Pages

Thursday 23 November 2017

Freddy's First Day

WALT: write an invitational letter

Success Criteria:
1. includes who, what, when, where and why
2. Relates to the event and is engaging
3. Includes the correct format


Your letter should look like this...


Bernard Adams
100 Lonsdale Street,
New Brighton
Christchurch

23/11/17

Mum
56 Parsons Road
Wigram
Christchurch

Dear Mum,

Next Wednesday, November 29th, our school is performing the play 'Freddy's First Day'. There will be two screenings of the show, one at 1.15pm (which will be watched by the junior school as well) and another at 5pm, for parents and family.
The play is about a boy called Freddy who is starting New Brighton Catholic School for the first time. Freddy gets to learn lots of important things on his first day. The show is funny and includes everyone in Years 4-8. My role in the play is to control the sound for the day. Even though I do not have a speaking part, my role is very important and without it the show can not be performed.
I would really like you to come because I have spent a lot of time and effort getting ready for this. I think you will really enjoy it and we can talk about it afterwards.
Thank you for taking the time to read my letter, I hope you seriously consider what I have written and I hope to see you there on the day.

Yours faithfully,

Bernard

3 comments:

  1. Hello Room 1,
    I think that this is a great idea that your writing invitational letters. Because sometimes when your inviting someone to do a job interview or anything business wise. Still I think its great!! Great job and keep it up!

    Kind Regards
    Noah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it's Olivia here, it looks like a great letter and I agree a letter does look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,I'm Shanika here,I really like how you have explained about your writing but I think you should add a photo.

    -Shanika

    ReplyDelete

To support our learning we ask you to comment as follows:

1. Something positive - something you like about what we have shared.

2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what we had to say

3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with our learning? Give us some ideas for next time or ask us a question.