Pages

Thursday 14 June 2018

Life Education Visit


Life Education

On Wednesday 13th June the Life Education truck came to school to teach all the classes different things about making our lives healthier and happier. We take turns going inside learning and at the end we meet Harold the giraffe and if you are lucky Harold will tell you a joke! Room 1 is learning about making choices, with the motto ‘The best decision is an informed decision’ and we are also learning about how the brain works and learns new ideas. We discovered that we are born with 100 billion brain cells and that when we learn something they make connections and become stronger. The brain belongs to the nervous system and its main job is to be the boss of our body and keep all the other organs and systems working. We are going to learn more about influences (such as family, friends, TV, school, advertising) tomorrow.

By Jenna 
Year 8

8 comments:

  1. i really like that you get taught is Harold funny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Room 1
    I'm Anya and I am a year 8 student of Parkview. When I was year 5 I was involved in Life Education, it was a lot of fun. I forgot about Life Education but this brought back the memories. What was your favorite part? Did you have fun? My favorite part was when Harold came out and when one person in the class body's got scanned.
    If you would like to see my learning you could go to http://anya8417.blogspot.com/ or you could press my name in blue above this comment.
    Thanks
    Anya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenna, It's Ryan here from Awahono School. I enjoyed the part where you said about what the class was learning. This post reminded me of when Harold came to our school.If you could see Harold right now what would you like to learn about?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ki ora room 1,
    My name is Alex and I am from Parkview school.
    It is really amazing that you got a visit from Harold the giraffe as here at Parkview we have not seen him for a few years. hearing about this brought me back to when we last had him here. What did you learn from Harold? Was he funny? Did you learn anything new? Would you like him to come back again?.
    If you would like to see my learning you can see it at https://pvsnegusa.blogspot.com/.
    Kind regards Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenna, I'm Miro from Awahono School. I really like your writing about how the health truck came because you described pretty much everything you did with such detail. Did Harold tell you a funny joke or not? Maybe you could add some pictures of your visit with Harold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. https://essaywebsites.com/

    ReplyDelete

To support our learning we ask you to comment as follows:

1. Something positive - something you like about what we have shared.

2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what we had to say

3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with our learning? Give us some ideas for next time or ask us a question.